Linda Cohen's Luminous Lotus Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goddess Sabbath

(Winter Alter by Linda Cohen)

Friday January 21, 2011, Wintry Goddess Sabbath - 9:06am

White fleece of last night’s snow dissolves too quickly under a desolate gray Sabbath-mornings’ struggling sun. I see from my window, across the courtyard drop, the rooftops melting slush. Still in bed, journaling, iPoding out rare Bach sonatas, Rachael Podger, satiating my winter temple with violin-airs I embrace in every waking cell. Golden Votives of red current and patchouli, thick with potent healing oils, burn as offerings to the goddess.

I’ve chosen our February goddess, or She has chosen me. Parvati. Omnipotent consort of Shiva The Great Destroyer who levels all that is stagnant too long and washes reality clean to create the new… as time and non-time move through universal cycles of creation, preservation and destruction/purification. Parvati as Prashnaparamita, Ultimate Reality, where is seeded the impulse of Creation Itself/ Manifestation. Parvati as supreme consort, faithful wife, goddess of love, mother of Ganesha, Elephant Lord of (overcoming) Obstacles. What will I learn of the Daughter of the Himalayas and her cosmic family? Parvati - white as the snow-topped peak of mystic Mount Meru, heart center of the universe. Her pink/gold virgin silk full-skirts, 24 karat gold dresses and exquisite feminine spiritual adornments? She abides with her husband Shiva on Mt. Meru, where, together they save the world by making selfless Tantric love, in perfect union, in ecstasy divine, purely and lovingly exchanging male and female cosmic energies, yoni and lingam, in bliss! in ultimate balance. From the Beginning. She is the art of being a woman – manifest. She is ever with me on my own spiritual journey, as liberator and inspiration. She is as the white/powder-pink snow of the high Himalayas breath, She is gold. Cerise. Cherry. Opal white. O mystical goddess/empress, an expression of both Great Mother Kali and Durga, The Warrior Goddess, also consorts of Shiva.

Holy cow. Currently, I’m in a huge and hard-to-navigate cleansing cycle, for which, of course, I take full responsibility (2010 so glad you’ve taken leave), with all manner of healing crises and necessary upgrades to install, new programs. Poor digestion, fuzzy eyesight, off balance sleep cycles, myriad aches and pains (clearings and makings-way for new higher frequency) – and the dreaded just-before-wake-up noxious (but revelatory) dreams.

Dream: I am being tested along with many others including my daughter Joanna, who appears eminently more prepared than I. I am not prepared and growing more and more frantic trying to get my peas in a queue. Not enough paper. The print on the test’s too small for me to read. I am actually trying to cheat off Joanna. It’s a three-hour test but I have no watch; there are no clocks on the wall. All I see of the test is, “WHAT ARE THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF THE FATHER?"

Confused. Is this a trick question? I do not know the answer to this one of thirty test questions. I try to ask Jo who does her best to share her answer with me but the Gestapo-proctors notice our exchange and are on us like hungry demons in for the kill. Now, increasingly things are going whacky in my nightmare/dream. Mostly there is not enough light for me to see the questions nor write the answers. My pen doesn’t work. I’m panicking and begging anyone for more light, a pen that works, blank paper. Then I misplace the test all together! Shattered.

In one blessed moment of calm, I decide to let the entire test-process go for the moment, believing deep inside, I will have this test finished correctly and handed-in, as always, by the time the three-hour test-bell rings. I leave the “school” (appearing in my dream as my junior high school in North Miami nearly 50 years ago) to go off seeking a cafe for a much-needed caffeine fix. Naturally, I get lost, with a horrid sense of direction, always. A car offers me a ride so I get in. But where are they going? They, the men, don’t talk to me. They just drive. Now I am hysterically screaming, “I’m in the middle of a test.” They stop the car, waved down by a fellow student of mine, also taking a break from The Test. He insists they let me go… where they proceed to throw me out of the car to the ground. They speed off. I’m on the edge of nowhere; every direction looks darkly the same. Dream ends. Fellow student gone. I struggle to consciousness. Having slept too long.

Thankfully, it’s Friday. Freya’s day. The Goddess’ Sabbath which I have always honored, not knowing why until reading Moon Magic by Dion Fortune. Freya’s day, as it ever was, IS, and shall be, honoring the Goddess. I am still very much working with and praying to The Black Madonna to help me shake free of addictive behavior, knee-jerk reactions and toxic energy patterns on all levels. Also to shed light on, accept, and integrate my shadow. And mostly for the miracles She may bestow on us who believe, prayers for intercession.

No booze in January, except Saturday nights. Using Gypsy Goddess Black Madonna Sacred Spark Oil (see Facebook). So far, so good - but for the intestinal yeast that remains. Major Janice Zwail colonic on full moon Thursday. Diet change must be! I pray. Cooked leafy greens (fiber and minerals) and proteins, less supplements and fake “good” food (Amy’s frozen everything). Food thing’s been badly off since my mother’s summer illness. Quality grains quinoa and millet, sea veggies, fresh ocean fish, free range bird. Spectrum organic coconut oil, inside and out. Quality probiotics. A cleansing mineralizing morning hit of Emergen C with MSM. My intention, day by day, is to be healthy and open to what this new world/energy (of 2011) beckons. To upgrade for vitality and light-heartedness. Compassion. Recommitting to the glorious and scary step-by-step unlayering of veils. The step-up to the plate interior and exterior goddess work/play. Let go… the mean-spirits! of me.

A quote I came upon last night, in Dion Fortune’s Moon Magic, about the difference between being together with the right woman/man and the woman/man who will never be right, “He knew he could have given an intensity of love that the light-hearted thing (his wife) would never even know what to do with.” That explains a lot about the quality of love/sex/initiatory evolution. Magnetically drawn - to and fro - as universal frequency changes up. Aquarius now rules the Age.

Focusing on cleansing essences at night: Liard Hot Springs; the Alaskan Glaciers; Dalton’s New Medicinal Herb flower essences; gems of Brazilian Quartz, and Celestite to clear upper chakras. Aspiring to take less essences for greater healing progress and clarity. By day: Pretty Face; Explorer’s Gentian; Gold, Star Ruby (be here now); Rock Water; and the Alaskan environment essence Northern Lights for that feeling of amazement. And it is. NOW. Amazing. I'm also using a Perelandra set, Nature Program, where I am divining essences with my pendulum. Today I used, Sobopla - Balances and stabilizes the triangle created by the relationship and interaction between the soul, its physical body and the planet upon which the body resides. As a result, the soul, body and planet become one strong, fully functioning triangular unit. Sobopla also balances and stabilizes the physical seating of the body/soul unit to the planet.

~~~I AM A HOLY BEING. I AM A LIVING GODDESS ~~~
I AM WAKING UP TO A HIGHER POTENTIAL.
MORE ME. MORE ME & YOU. MORE ME &
ALL. ONE.
ALL I WANT AND NEED COMES TO ME
EASILY AND NATURALLY.
I AM FILLED WITH RADIANT CREATIVE
ENERGY AND BEAUTY.
I AM FLOWING AND FLOWERING IN THE GARDEN.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2011 1:59 PM, Blogger beverly halliday said…

    Congratulations!! on your wonderful article in the Flower Essence Journal on the essence Pretty Face. I loved it. Very touching and funny. I can relate to the whole hair thing for sure. So insightful and clearly speaks to how differently essences may work for us on those issues that still linger from childhood. I'm going to take some right now.

    Thank you ox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home